So, apparently people are stunned by the way Wheel of Fortune contestant Caitlin Burke solved a 27-letter, 7 word puzzle with just one letter, but it’s actually quite simple.
Now, her accomplishment is laudable, but it’s really just a matter of logic.
I haven’t even watched the video. I only had to see the following picture to solve it myself:
Here’s what she had on the board:
_’__ ___ _ ____ ___L___ _____ ____
The “L” is not important because of where it appears but because of where it *doesn’t” appear.
The contraction at the beginning *has* to start with “I”.
So it’s either “I’ll” or “I’ve.”
Since the “L” is used, it has to be “I’ve”.
So, three letter word after “I’ve.” Obviously, “got.” Then the next is obviously “a”
“I’ve got a” what?
Four letter word then three-L-three
This is where what she did was really impressive, getting it under pressure, since it’s the kind of thing people have a hard time doing all the time in the final round:
She could have stumbled around “feeling” for some time, but it is the only word that logically fits.
Then “good” before it is logical, and “about” and “this” follow suit by the mere number of letters.
- or the leader. A psalm of David,
- when Nathan the prophet came to him after his affair with Bathsheba.
- Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense.
- Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me.
- For I know my offense; my sin is always before me.
- Against you alone have I sinned; I have done such evil in your sight That you are just in your sentence, blameless when you condemn.
- True, I was born guilty, a sinner, even as my mother conceived me.
- Still, you insist on sincerity of heart; in my inmost being teach me wisdom.
- Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow.
- Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
- Turn away your face from my sins; blot out all my guilt.
- A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit.
- Do not drive me from your presence, nor take from me your holy spirit.
- Restore my joy in your salvation; sustain in me a willing spirit.
- I will teach the wicked your ways, that sinners may return to you.
- Rescue me from death, God, my saving God, that my tongue may praise your healing power.
- Lord, open my lips; my mouth will proclaim your praise.
- For you do not desire sacrifice; a burnt offering you would not accept.
- My sacrifice, God, is a broken spirit; God, do not spurn a broken, humbled heart.
- Make Zion prosper in your good pleasure; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
- Then you will be pleased with proper sacrifice, burnt offerings and holocausts; then bullocks will be offered on your altar.